Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's easier with a friend

Have you ever tried to go running by yourself only to make it a few blocks (or feet) and basically give up? When you go to an exercise class at the gym you refuse to stop going even if you’re dying because you won’t be shown up by the women behind you that’s 50 lbs overweight or the old guy in the front who seems to have endless amounts of energy.
The same goes with business. Maybe not the best analogy but a true one. You have to surround yourself with the right people in business. Some call it a mentor; some use business support groups, colleagues, partners etc.... At the end of the day, running a business is almost impossible if you have no one to talk to. You need someone to run ideas by, to get encouragement from and to keep you from just plain quitting.
I’m dedicating this post to my friend Jude of Barefoot Fine Jewelry in honor of her Birthday. In the short time that I’ve know her she’s helped me in more ways then I get put in words. Because we support each other I don’t feel like I’m on an Island all the time. I’m vested in her success as she is in mine. I’m rooting for her as much as for myself. I know we’ll go far because were smart, hard working, dedicated and we have each other to lean on. In the end, I’ll take that over Jewelry any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment