Sunday, April 25, 2010

New York and Conn/New Pictures and Meetings




I know it’s been to long since my last post but so much has happened. I hired a new photographer in NY to take pictures of the line. Although we have some amazing photographers here in Orlando I felt it was time to step it up to a photographer that only handles jewelry. As you designers know it’s a very specific type of photo shoot. To maximize my time in NY (third trip in 8 weeks) I also wanted to go work with my new sales Rep in Connecticut (Nancy, love her!) see some stores and meet with Fragments.
Overall it was a great trip. Started off with a great meeting at Fragments to show them my new line. I met with the Director of Sales who was great and was lucky enough to meet the owner and CFO. Can’t get a better audience then that!
Then next day I spent from 9:00am to 7:00pm with Antfarm photography. Their studio is so cool (see some of the pictures below) and they whipped through the line. The so called “marketing pictures” were so much fun. You should see show they get jewelry to stand up without any help! (Martha Stewart has nothing on these guys)!
From there I got to spend the evening with my new and dear friend Jude of Barefoot Fine Jewelry. Her apt looks out on Central Park West (Fabulous!!)(And we made the most of hanging out, sharing ideas and commiserating about starting new design businesses.
Next day I took the train into Greenwich, Conn to meet up with Nancy. She showed me around and I got to go into several jewelry stores including Peridot Fine Jewelry. This is the cutest store I’ve ever been in. A Victorian house converted with amazing designers and gem collections. They were having a truck show with Rosanne Pugliese (Great Designer and really nice as well!). LSJ will be meeting with them later in the month and I hope they’ll pick up my line. Would love to be in that great store.
The next day we met with Kasson Jewelers of Southport. Also the cutest store (a converted house) that’s been in downtown Southport for 40yrs. So happy that they loved my line and soon will be carrying it in their store. Will be posting information on my website in the next few weeks.
The end to a great productive trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment